Solarize Houston expects its group purchase will achieve for Houstonians a discount on the purchase of solar systems installed at their homes. The program involves:
- Potential participants’ evaluating the suitability of their home for a solar system, including their energy use, layout of their roofs and cost.
- Participants enrolling in the program (There is NO COMMITMENT until the participant actually enters into a contract with the solar installer AND NO COST).
- Qualifying a solar installer based on competitive bids.
- Forming a committee of program enrollees to select the solar installer, and
- Participants individually finalizing an installment contract with the selected installer.
Solarize Houston invites you to attend information meetings, review information on this website and enroll in the program.
About Solar Systems:
The websites of trade associations, non-governmental organizations and others contain FAQs and other useful information:
- The Solar Energy Industry Association (“SEIA”)
- Solar Energy Net
- Go Solar California
- About the Solarize concept
- Here is a great short article by American Solar Energy Society about the basics of solar. It provides a good general overview
- Texas Solar Outfitters presentation at Houston Renewable Energy Network on January 14
- pvwatts.nrel.gov has a tool to calculate energy production and costs for solar systems at your site.